Tooth implant dentist , Colchester, Essex
Dr Azhar Bakhshi
BDS(Hons) MFDS RCS(Eng) DipImpDent RCS(Edin)
Dr Azhar Bakhshi has been placing and restoring implants since 2002 and is a registered mentor in Implant Dentistry for the Association of Dental Implantology. He is dedicated full time to a specialist referral-based practice in oral surgery and implant dentistry with intravenous sedation techniques.
After graduating from Guy's Hospital with a distinction in Oral Surgery, he gained extensive experience in hospital-based oral and maxillofacial surgery and completed his Membership of the Faculty of Dental Surgery with the Royal College of Surgeons of England. In 2009 he was granted the Diploma in Implant Dentistry from the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh by Examination and was one of the first six implant surgeons in the UK to attain this qualification.
Patients just beginning to think about dental implant treatment may find it helpful to attend a complementary preliminary consultation with Dr Azhar Bakhshi our implant dentist. This appointment does not include a clinical examination and it only takes 15 minutes. The discussion will help you consider the options for treating your dental problems and decide whether to proceed to a clinical consultation for implants. The preliminary consultation is free of charge for visitors enquiring through this website. Please use the button in the right hand column to request an appointment.
Once you have decided in principle that you want implant treatment, the next step is a clinical consultation. This includes a comprehensive oral examination, and results in production of a fully-costed individual plan for your treatment. The fee for the clinical assessment appointment and provision of your personal treatment plan is £70 including X-rays. The cost of the treatment planning consultation is refunded when you proceed with the treatment.
Main implant treatments and procedures offered
- Radiography (OPG and CT scans)
- Implant placement
- Bone augmentation and grafting including sinus lifts
- Implant restorations including full arch, overdentures, crowns and bridges
- Intravenous sedation
- Mentoring available on request
“I have nothing but praise for the treatment I received at your clinic. I was very nervous but would definitely come back in the future if I need more implants.”
“Excellent and caring service provided on all fronts.”
- Part of Complete Implantology Clinic, Somerfield Hospital, Maidstone
- Intravenous sedation available
- Oral surgery services
Implant case referral policies, procedures and administration
- Surgical and restorative treatment carried out by one implant surgeon, alternatively restorative phase carried out by referring GDP with support available if needed
- Written treatment plan produced for patient and GDP
- Patient always referred back to GDP and no other work carried out unless referred